NFTA-Metro COVID-19 FAQ
- We are continuing with an intensive cleaning program. Buses, rail cars, rail stations and other locations are deep-cleaned overnight. We focus on high touch areas such as railings, hand holds, doors, and similar surfaces. In addition, we have sent staff out to sanitize buses several times throughout the day, not just when the buses return to the stations. Metro continues to meet or exceed the New York State Department of Health’s “Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfection of Public Transportation Setting for COVID 19.”
- We are using clear plastic barriers to separate bus operators and passengers, on buses that have that feature.
- We are running full service so that there is room on our buses and trains to maintain social distancing.
NFTA-Metro April Monthly Pass Credit Policy – COVID-19
April Monthly Passes from Metro Bus and Rail are valid through July, 2020. Fare collection on all Metro vehicles including paratransit resumes Monday, June 29.
- Avoid unnecessary travel or interaction with anyone outside your household. Non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason are prohibited in New York State as of Sunday, March 22.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
- Maintain space between yourself and other people (six feet if possible)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in your home.